She Saved the Filipinos Even in Death


The Malacanang uttered words which brought to my heart mixed emotions, they have finally called on the House of Representatives to abandon plans of senate-less con-ass. I was happy because I have fought against charter change by way of constituent assembly ever since day one but at the same time I felt sorrow because it took the death of a democratic icon to move GMA's common sense and drop the hot potato.

Pres. Corazon Aquino managed for one last time to save the Filipinos against what could have been another dark episode of tyranny and hunger for power never seen in the country since the time of Marcos. GMA might exhibit coincidental similarities with Pres. Cory, being both women and both came to power in a bloodless revolution, but they differ in ways that matter the most and it was Pres. Aquino who stood in the frontlines against Arroyo's plan of perpetual regime until the very end.

With all my heart, I thank you President Cory Aquino, who happens to be the president during my foray into this world, for restoring democracy to the Philippines over twenty-three years ago. Thank you for dedicating your life in rebuilding a country once destroyed and most of all, thank you for stopping another eminent destruction even if it meant breathing your last. Finally, we promise to be ever vigilant to circumstances which might lead to the fall of the freedom we enjoy at this very moment that you have envisioned for all Filipinos.

R.I.P Corazon Cojuangco Aquino; 1933-2009

by: Ivar
8/3/09 10:42 P.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment